Recipe Archive - Coconut Macaroons
½ cup flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 ¾ cups dried coconut
14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper and grease the paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the dried coconut.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Add the vanilla extract and stir until a very thick batter is formed.
- Drop heaping tablespoons full of batter 1 inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the macaroons for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer immediately to rack to cool.
- Variation - Melt semisweet chocolate in a pan and dip the cooled macaroons to coat. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is hard.